by Molly Robinson
Come on, we all know that ya didn’t do ANY work over spring break and this week is kicking you in the you-know-what. The remaining portion of the semester left after spring break flies by but also comes with a lot of stress, procrastination, and tests/projects. There are several ways to beat these lows and turn the rest of your semester into a bliss-filled sprint.
- St. Patty’s Day/ St. Maddy’s Day. Make this holiday weekend fun for you—whether it’s putting on that green shirt and heading over to your buddy’s place or making shamrock cupcakes. Enjoy the fact that the miserable week after break is over and you get to do you. Do exactly what you want to do for a full twenty-four hours. When you hit the books next week, at least you can say you that your weekend was baller.
- Madipalooza— April 13th fun. Free food, free concerts, free stuff, free happy you. We all know those people who made a profile picture of their human Velcro experience last year. That could be you! … .Just kidding, but really. It’s an excuse to get out of the dorm or the apartment and forget all about reality and enter what is basically the college equivalent of a field day.
- Breath. Take the time to relax and refocus on your goals for the end of the semester and as an individual do some yoga, play some football, do whatever you need to do to loosen up. Finals are horrible, but giving yourself a break can boost your mood and make studying more manageable.
- Make your own freaking formal. A lot of people are in fraternities and sororities or other organizations that host formals in the spring. Who cares? There is nothing that formals have to offer that a normal weekend at JMU can’t offer you. Celebrating and making a night special is possible for any one, no matter the organization your in. Find people you care about and find an excuse to dress up, go out to eat, or plan something special. Don’t let formals season get the best of you. And if you are going to a formal, good for you—make it everything you want it to be with the right people and the right attitude.
- Splurge. Treat yourself to things that make you happy. Find something each day that makes you laugh, you’ll feel better no matter what you’re going through.
Remember the saying, “Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day” when you are in embarking on these last few weeks of the semester.